1. Using your knowledge of electronegativity, tell whether each of the following bonds will be ionic.
a. Cl-Cl b. Li-Mg c. Ca-Cl d. Se-Br e. Na-F
2. For each pair, indicate which bond will be stronger.
a. C-H, Li-F b. Li-F, Mg-O
c. Li-F, Cs-I
3. The structure normally associated with ionic bonding is…
a. a crystal lattice
b. a simple molecule
c. a giant molecule
d. a regular arrangement of ions surrounded by a cloud of electrons
4. Why do ionic compounds form lattices?
5. What does Coulomb’s law state?
Continue to part 5: Answers to the mini quiz
Go back to part 3 of the tutorial
Return to the home page